• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dad will sign off voluntarily?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daycinguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
I POSTED ABOUT MYSELF TRYING TO GET MY STEPSON. HE IS 9 YEARS OLD AND ONLY KNOWS ME AS DAD. I WAS LOOKING AT SOME OTHER POSTS AND CAME ACROSS THIS---do you think there is any chance dad will sign off voluntarily?
MY WIFE WENT TO COURT AND MY STEPSONS BIO-FATHER SAID YES. HE HAS NOT SEEN MY STEPSON SINCE HE WAS AROUND 4-6 MONTHS OLD.IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET PROCESS OF NAME CHANGE AND MYSELF TO HAVE ALL PARENTAL RIGHTS AND NOT HIM ANYMORE. IF ANY COULD HELP IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Adoption is not a DIY project. It is best to have an adoption attorney involved to make sure that all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. If it is done improperly, it can turn around and bite back in the most unexpected ways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">