• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dhs adoption advice help needed for sitter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

datakat69

What is the name of your state? IOWA

I am in love with one of my daycare children. Foster parents of the child I sit for is going through the process of adoption but doesn't really want to...only doing it for family obligations. My heart breaks...my husband and I would take this girl and love and raise her with our other two.

DHS and the parents I "sit" for are the ones in custody now...bio parents had rights terminated this year and grandparents of terminated father want custody. So foster parents (who don't want her really) and grandparents (who are scary or I mean live a different style life).

I need help or advice if do I have any say...can we jump in? Foster mom says yes she would love for the child to live with us and be the parents of her. Foster mom is step sister to terminated bio mom. This little child is the second child taken away from bio mom.

So legally can we? What do we have to do? Lawyer? HELP :)

Thanks in advance
Kat

datakat69

love

okay, reading that ...sounds sick. English or grammer has never been my strong suite. I meant that I love this child...and she is not a biological child but I love her like our daughters. Thanks for pointing out the gross part and no help on advice. Much appreciated.

Fl_renter

It is likely that the grandparents will get custody IF they are approved after the homestudy. If you want to be considered, you will need to contact the child's caseworker. However, it takes a while to go through the neccessary classes and paperwork to be an approved adoptive home so be ready for a wait IF they will even consider you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">