• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dissolution of Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dautery

What is the name of your state? Georgia

It has been determined that our adoptive son has RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder). Because of this disorder, he needs concentrated therapeutic treatment. We have been informed by the psychologist that the best treatment can be acquired from a particular facility in our area. He would receive this treatment more readily if he were in the care of the DFACS agency. We're trying to find out how to dissolve the adoption or find the method necessary for us to place this child in DFACS care so that he may get the treatment he so desperately needs.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? Georgia

It has been determined that our adoptive son has RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder). Because of this disorder, he needs concentrated therapeutic treatment. We have been informed by the psychologist that the best treatment can be acquired from a particular facility in our area. He would receive this treatment more readily if he were in the care of the DFACS agency. We're trying to find out how to dissolve the adoption or find the method necessary for us to place this child in DFACS care so that he may get the treatment he so desperately needs.

Thank you.
I may be wrong, but I don't believe that it's possible to "dissolve" an adoption due to child's medical/mental health disorders.

There must be some way for YOUR SON to recieve help without his parents giving him up. Keep looking around, I know it can be difficult, but help can be found, it just takes awhile.

BTW- My son had alot of problems, he was finally diagnosed as bi-polar. His Dad and I had to fight tooth and nail for him to get help, it took several years but our persistance did pay off.
Please do NOT give up on the child that you CHOSE to be your son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">