• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DNA tests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mocos

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

If the father of a child - by "father" I mean the man listed as father on the birth certificate and who verified that with Social Security - is later proven to not be the biological father, do his rights change in the event of a divorce?

Silverplum

If the father of a child - by "father" I mean the man listed as father on the birth certificate and who verified that with Social Security - is later proven to not be the biological father, do his rights change in the event of a divorce?
How 'bout you tell us what's actually going on, instead of asking it like it's a homework question?

One fact needed is the age of the child. That makes a difference.

Another is, who did the DNA test and why?

Proserpina

The legal father will not lose rights during a divorce unless his paternity is disestablished as part of the divorce action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">