• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I Really Need a Lawyer to Adopt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zabdiaz

What is the name of your state?Texas
My husband wants to adopt my son from a previous marriage. We are in the process of terminating the iological fathers rights. I received a call saying that the court appointed an attorney to my case. Do I have to have an attorney or can I do the whole adoption process by myself?
Thanks any help will be greatly appreciated.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Adoption really isn't a do-it-yourself activity. Doing one thing wrong could invalidate the whole thing, even years down the line.

Remus_Griffin

By all means seek an attorney

One of 3 things can happen when adopting without the assistance of an attorney, 'the adoption goes bad' down the road and is 'vacated' or worse , you're stuck in an adoption that should have never happened in the first place and you want out of ,

or you just get lucky (or God steps in and looks after the adoptive parents and adoptive child)

want to know how an adoption , even a step parent adoption can go bad , email me at
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">