• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do not know sons bio dad.. :|

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wonderingthings

What is the name of your state?

I am in colorado
I was wondering... I have an almost 10 yr son... I do not know who is the father....... I know thats bad....but..I was young.. anyways.. I am married.. and my husband claims my son as his own.. and that is all our son knows.... we have been married for 6 yrs....but have been together since my son was just about 2. how do we go about making his last name legal? since I have no idea who the father is.
thanks for any help
wonderingthings

Shay-Pari'e

What last name does he have now?...Your's? Who was named on the birth certificate as to the father?

You have a long road of drama when this child is grown. Can't you even narrow the field as to who you had sex with around the time of conception?

How unfair to your child and his real father.

W

wonderingthings

any advice

okay well the full story is ... I was raped..and I kept the child....thats why I dont know who the father is.
I just need to know..how to make it where he has the same last name as the rest of his family...me my husband and his 2 sisters.... my son has always gone by my husbands last name...
only this yr we moved to Co...and school wants to use the name on the BC which is my maiden name... and his steps dads last name...
thats to confusing for a 10 yr old.
how do I make his steps dads name legal for him to use?

nextwife

Was a police report made? The father of a child concieved by rape has no paternal rights. You should have no problem getting a court border allowing a name change under your approval alone under such circumstances. You may need the police report to verify that there is no father who would have rights to object.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">