• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dont know where to start

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chanel

What is the name of your state?Washington,DC
I have a godson with a unfit mother,mind you she has 2 other boys. If anyone was to check her background as far as the kids go,from missing weeks at a time in school to the youngest one not even being enrolled, I know the state would take the kids but would i have any rights for my godchild or will i be against someone else for custody.

tigger22472

chanel said:
What is the name of your state?Washington,DC
I have a godson with a unfit mother,mind you she has 2 other boys. If anyone was to check her background as far as the kids go,from missing weeks at a time in school to the youngest one not even being enrolled, I know the state would take the kids but would i have any rights for my godchild or will i be against someone else for custody.

You have no legal standing to sue for custody in any form.

tigger22472

chanel said:
what if he is turned over to the state vs. still being in her custody
You would then be last in line for custody and treated no different than a stranger on the street. First in line would be the other biological parent, then grandparents, and then likely even aunts and uncles (although they are 3rd parties that generally do not hold standing for custody). In any event, the only chance that you would have for custody is if no one else attempted that was blood related.

S

scaredandalone

dont count on getting custody

"what if he is turned over to the state vs being in her custody" it wouldnt really make much difference. you would be far down the line for custody. the state would decide who gets custody of the child, so i wouldnt hold my breath. you have no legal relationship to the child, and no legal rights to the child.

Zephyr

scaredandalone said:
"what if he is turned over to the state vs being in her custody" it wouldnt really make much difference. you would be far down the line for custody. the state would decide who gets custody of the child, so i wouldnt hold my breath. you have no legal relationship to the child, and no legal rights to the child.
what was the point of this post kelly when you basically paraphrase what tigger said more than 3 hours ago?

rmet4nzkx

Zephyr said:
what was the point of this post kelly when you basically paraphrase what tigger said more than 3 hours ago?
Actually it was 27 hours before. I guess it was slow when Kelly was posting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">