• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex step son adoption reversal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

I understand this is just a forum and all that, but i am quickly losing faith in the knowledge of the members here. Ive been doing research on the subject and have only found, paternal father's petitioning for their rights back. Form pca 349. Google it. There are also 17+ year olds, applying to be unadopted.also parents who the step parent was the assaulter petitioning for rescinding. There just isn't anything i could find about when the child was the predator
That's super. Have a nice night.

Proserpina

I understand this is just a forum and all that, but i am quickly losing faith in the knowledge of the members here. Ive been doing research on the subject and have only found, paternal father's petitioning for their rights back. Form pca 349. Google it. There are also 17+ year olds, applying to be unadopted.also parents who the step parent was the assaulter petitioning for rescinding. There just isn't anything i could find about when the child was the predator

I suggest you spend less time Googling. It's clearly not helping you.

Silverplum

No one has brought up the 2 y.o. with the ex and the 6 y.o. with the current.

OP has an interesting romantic history. Have you provided counseling for the boy? Aren't there yet more siblings?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You don't get to return or throw away a "broken" child as you would a broken piece of furniture. You're supposed to parent and get the child help if necessary. But I guess he's disposable he's not "really" yours. Sad.

Given the ages of "your" children and the order in which you were married, I'm not sure the boy is completely wrong about considering you at fault for the divorce. Perhaps you should consider the log in your own eye before pointing at the splinter in his.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If a child is a sexual predator look at the way he was raised -- in other words, look in the mirror. Second, look at genetics. But jeez, you don't get to dispose of YOUR child because you don't want to deal with being his parent. You are pathetic. A paternal father? You are also clueless.

LdiJ

A biological father petitioning to get his rights back is only successful in situations where it can be proven, with hard evidence that malfeasance or true errors in law happened in regards to the adoption.

No adopted child has ever been able to be "unadopted"...unless the adoptive parents rights were terminated due to the adoptive parent being abusive or neglectful.

In your situation, the biological father is not attempting to get his rights back and you cannot be trying to claim that your parental rights should be terminated because YOU are abusive or neglectful.

You may be able to find all kinds of things online where people WANT to do something. However, your research means nothing unless you can find someone who successfully accomplished what you want to accomplish.

shepardstuff65

If a child is a sexual predator look at the way he was raised -- in other words, look in the mirror. Second, look at genetics. But jeez, you don't get to dispose of YOUR child because you don't want to deal with being his parent. You are pathetic. A paternal father? You are also clueless.
BD was in prison for CSM under 13 4 counts, so, thanks but no mirror needed.

BM was court ordered to provide counseling (09/2014), never did, I brought it up (01/2015) to the judge during proceedings, h didnt care.

I have not been neglectful, but I have been forced to neglect my child, in the way of contact and such. To be clear, I am still financially supporting him.

OHGAL, this has nothing to do with my relationship with his mother. She has created portions of this problem in the way that she has told him to not listen and do what ever he wants when he comes over. there is no punishment here. when he comes over he plays xbox in his room, if i ground him from that, he vegetates on the couch and doesnt move for 2 days until he goes home. the entire time giving me and my wife attitiude and spouting off things that arnt true, or never were. He states things to try to just pick fights between me and BM. I ask him to do anything, small large, help me with whatever, doesnt matter i get moans and groans, and usually he breaks something on purpose. last summer we were doing yard work TOGETHER, he explains to me how a 2 stroke works with the oiland all that, then proceeds to fill the weed whip with straight gas and ran it until it wouldnt run anymore. clearly marked cans, we werent even using straight gas, as i was running a chain saw and him a weed whip.

My romantic past is what it is, not denying that. I also have a 3 month old with my current wife. so that makes 3 blood, and 1 not. My exwife also has another 12 yr old from her previous marriage.

I am glad that everyone can voice an opinion, but no one can really offer any help. He doesnt want me as his dad, hasnt for years, He is a preditor towards my daughter and potentially his sister, My ex claims i am not a good father figure towards him, and its not in his best interests to have visitation with me. There are quite the deep feelings of anger and resentment towards him for what he has done. BTW he has admitted it, to me, my wife, the police, and who knows who else.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

BM was court ordered to provide counseling (09/2014), never did, I brought it up (01/2015) to the judge during proceedings, h didnt care.

I have not been neglectful, but I have been forced to neglect my child, in the way of contact and such. To be clear, I am still financially supporting him.

OHGAL, this has nothing to do with my relationship with his mother. She has created portions of this problem in the way that she has told him to not listen and do what ever he wants when he comes over. there is no punishment here. when he comes over he plays xbox in his room, if i ground him from that, he vegetates on the couch and doesnt move for 2 days until he goes home. the entire time giving me and my wife attitiude and spouting off things that arnt true, or never were. He states things to try to just pick fights between me and BM. I ask him to do anything, small large, help me with whatever, doesnt matter i get moans and groans, and usually he breaks something on purpose. last summer we were doing yard work TOGETHER, he explains to me how a 2 stroke works with the oiland all that, then proceeds to fill the weed whip with straight gas and ran it until it wouldnt run anymore. clearly marked cans, we werent even using straight gas, as i was running a chain saw and him a weed whip.

My romantic past is what it is, not denying that. I also have a 3 month old with my current wife. so that makes 3 blood, and 1 not. My exwife also has another 12 yr old from her previous marriage.

I am glad that everyone can voice an opinion, but no one can really offer any help. He doesnt want me as his dad, hasnt for years, He is a preditor towards my daughter and potentially his sister, My ex claims i am not a good father figure towards him, and its not in his best interests to have visitation with me. There are quite the deep feelings of anger and resentment towards him for what he has done. BTW he has admitted it, to me, my wife, the police, and who knows who else.
You can't reverse the adoption. However you want to treat the boy, he's your son. It really is that clear.

Proserpina

This child is clearly in need of help, and you're just as clearly incapable of being his parent.

Lest it hasn't sunk in yet, YOU CANNOT UNADOPT THIS CHILD. Do you understand yet? Do you? Do you really?

I think I can speak for everyone else who has responded so far when I say, "I think he deserves better". For that reason alone I am encouraging you to seek help from social services, child services, whatever flavour you have in your locale. Tell them that you no longer want to be his parent. Make it very clear. Or, you can choose never to acknowledge his existence again ... except every month while you continue to provide financial support.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
The focus on "blood" speaks volumes for OP, and not in a good way.

It is clear t hat he adopted because it was convenient, but never really accepted the boy as his son, and the son knows it. Just like the son can do math, and feel that his mother was wronged.

OP, you are not getting the answers you want to hear because that answer doesn't exist.

We *get* that you want to protect your daughter. What we *don't* get is that you've no clue how you're the author of this mess.

You need to be in therapy with your son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">