• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex step son adoption reversal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shepardstuff65

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

So, before everyone jumps down my throat, hear me out.

My divorce was finalized in December of 2014. since that point, he has been distant, attitudinal and disrespectful. many of much was chaulked up to him being 13 at the time. It was learned November of 2015 that he being 14 was masterbating in front of my 6 year old daughter. (it gets way wose than just that. This is my step daughter with my current wife, so no relation to him at all. There have been charges filed, and are currently court proceedings about to start. I filed an ex parte motion to gain custody of my 2 year old daughter with my ex. it was granted in less than 24 hours. since November, I have had no contact with my son at all. this has not been my choice, even though i have not sought it out. 24hours after the incident BM asked me for all of his belongings. the 6 months previous to the incident, he didnt want to come to my home anymore. he only came to ensure nothing happened to his sister, the 2 years old. his words. The prosecuter is pressing full charges. I would like to rescind the adoption, but BD has never been in the picture. BD was in prison when I adopted SS, so he didnt object at all. looking for any help. It is not in his best interest to come to my houase anymore, especially since more has come to light.

Proserpina

My divorce was finalized in December of 2014. since that point, he has been distant, attitudinal and disrespectful. many of much was chaulked up to him being 13 at the time. It was learned November of 2015 that he being 14 was masterbating in front of my 6 year old daughter. (it gets way wose than just that. This is my step daughter with my current wife, so no relation to him at all. There have been charges filed, and are currently court proceedings about to start. I filed an ex parte motion to gain custody of my 2 year old daughter with my ex. it was granted in less than 24 hours. since November, I have had no contact with my son at all. this has not been my choice, even though i have not sought it out. 24hours after the incident BM asked me for all of his belongings. the 6 months previous to the incident, he didnt want to come to my home anymore. he only came to ensure nothing happened to his sister, the 2 years old. his words. The prosecuter is pressing full charges. I would like to rescind the adoption, but BD has never been in the picture. BD was in prison when I adopted SS, so he didnt object at all. looking for any help. It is not in his best interest to come to my houase anymore, especially since more has come to light.
You cannot rescind or revoke the adoption.

shepardstuff65

So, i couldn't be anymore in the middle of this. He blames me for the divorce, mainly cause if his mother's alienating. He actually got physical with me last memorial day. To put it as clear as possible, my son molested my daughter. Now i have to handle her and her feelings, his mother telling him it's not his fault and apparently I'm the bad guy because he didn't have a lock on his door (so imo he could lock her in) and i can't be more plain when i say it's not in his best interests to be around this household. Yet there is nothing i can do? He was 6 when adopted, 13 when divorced, 4 when i entered his life.

LdiJ

As you have already been told you cannot rescind or revoke an adoption. An adoption is permanent, he will forever be your son. That does not mean that you would be required to see him or required to allow him to enter your home, but it does mean that you will be permanently responsible for him as long as he is a minor. If you have not sought out contact with him since this all began, then it IS your choice.

You do not have a 6 year old daughter, your wife has a six year old daughter so you need to be careful there, and you also need to consider whether or not his actions were actually "in front of" or accidentally witnessed by your wife's daughter.

I am not discounting the seriousness of the situation but I also have some concern for a child that could be being thrown under the bus when his actions might not have been intentional. You were obviously this child's emotional father for a significant period of time. If there is any chance that he is not actually guilty of the crimes that have been attributed to him what is happening now will be devastating for the rest of his life. If he is guilty of course he should be punished and treated, but if he is the fallout from your divorce, then both you and his mother deserve a special spot in Hades for that.

Silverplum

So, i couldn't be anymore in the middle of this. He blames me for the divorce, mainly cause if his mother's alienating. He actually got physical with me last memorial day. To put it as clear as possible, my son molested my daughter. Now i have to handle her and her feelings, his mother telling him it's not his fault and apparently I'm the bad guy because he didn't have a lock on his door (so imo he could lock her in) and i can't be more plain when i say it's not in his best interests to be around this household. Yet there is nothing i can do? He was 6 when adopted, 13 when divorced, 4 when i entered his life.
Yes, he's your son. NO, the 6 y.o. is NOT your child. Didn't you read or learn anything about adoption when you became his legal father??

shepardstuff65

Yes, he's your son. NO, the 6 y.o. is NOT your child. Didn't you read or learn anything about adoption when you became his legal father??
Ok, first off, sorry for the allowable misinterpretation. With my ex wife i have a blood 2 year old, and an adopted 14 year old. With my current wife i have a blood 6 year old. It's a tangled Web, i understand that. Regardless, how is it that his BD can't petition for his rights back. He was originally on the birth certificate. The adoption was coerced, as well, he can't be the only one with a different last name, blah, blah,blah guilt trip. I was naive, i get that. I know way more about the system now than i ever thought i knew then.

Silverplum

Ok, first off, sorry for the allowable misinterpretation. With my ex wife i have a blood 2 year old, and an adopted 14 year old. With my current wife i have a blood 6 year old. It's a tangled Web, i understand that. Regardless, how is it that his BD can't petition for his rights back. He was originally on the birth certificate. The adoption was coerced, as well, he can't be the only one with a different last name, blah, blah,blah guilt trip. I was naive, i get that. I know way more about the system now than i ever thought i knew then.
Please see posts 2 & 3 & 5.

Silverplum

I didn't misunderstand you: in your first post, you wrote that the 6 y.o. was your stepdaughter with your current wife.

I'mTheFather

The biological father has no legal connection to the boy. It's like a stranger petitioning for rights. He gave up all his legal rights when you adopted.

I'mTheFather

I was trying to show the separation as to not have it be confused with his full sister.
Well, you made it more confusing. <You said the 6 year old is his blood sister by saying she's your child by blood.>oops

Nope, I got that wrong. Anyway, you said she's your blood daughter in this post:

Originally Posted by shepardstuff65 View Post
In your first post, she's your stepdaughter.

shepardstuff65

I understand this is just a forum and all that, but i am quickly losing faith in the knowledge of the members here. Ive been doing research on the subject and have only found, paternal father's petitioning for their rights back. Form pca 349. Google it. There are also 17+ year olds, applying to be unadopted.also parents who the step parent was the assaulter petitioning for rescinding. There just isn't anything i could find about when the child was the predator

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">