• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exposing a deadbeat through a directmail campaign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hyperqube

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

just wondering if there could be any legal ramifications by sending out a direct mail campaign designed to shame a deadbeat parent who abandoned his family long ago. The only point to this would be, of course, to expose him and his ways to his community.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

just wondering if there could be any legal ramifications by sending out a direct mail campaign designed to shame a deadbeat parent who abandoned his family long ago. The only point to this would be, of course, to expose him and his ways to his community.
I think it's time to move on.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Yes there is. Try to grow up and not be immature.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If I received something like this about someone in my community, I would toss it in the trash after first thinking, "What a loser". Not about the person named in the letter. About the person who first, thought it was a good idea to send something of the sort out, second, had nothing better to do with their time and third, thought I'd actually be interested in their personal affairs. In other words, about the person who sent out the letter.

single317dad

Start by reading these cases, so you're aware of what you'll be up against when you're sued:

http://www.texas-opinions.com/law-defamation-libel-slander.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">