• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

falsifying birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redmans47

What is the name of your state? va happened in nj\ Hi, I came across an old post of yours, maybe you can guide or help me. My step-daughter lives in NJ & we live in VA. We found out she has 2 children that are 3 & almost 2. The 2 yr old is living in an unlicensed foster home in Newark NJ with 2 men & the 3 yr old boy. . We have gone through the interstate compact, are foster parents in Va. & are having a nightmare of a time getting the 2 yr old girl. They never let us see her, than say she's bonded to the other people. This has been going on for over 1 1/2 yrs. . We will probably get the 2 yr old, hopefully, she is in dire need of medical care. But have recently found out that my step-daughter let the man the little boy lives with put his name as father on the birth certificate. They have all, step-daughter, real father & fake father-name on bc- told me & my husband this. We applied for custody & a paternity test, the judge denied us, saying since his name is on the bc he is the father. Well, the dyfs workers know better, this woman is a drug addict with 6 kids, all living with other people. We can't afford a lawyer, what can we do ? We just want to give these babies a good home. How can someone commit fraud & it's ok ?

Thanks for any help
any pro bono or low priced attorneys willing to help ?
:eek:What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOu have no standing to disestablish paternity. Dad on BC is legally responsible for said child. Technically with her being a stepdaughter you have no legal relationship with her or the children. You are considered a legal stranger. You have as much right as I do.

redmans47

Falsifying Birth Certificate

My husband & I are both involved in this. The kids call a man mommy & it's unfair for the child to not know who he really is . According to the IC I have as much right as my husband. But thanks for replying.

Just Blue

My husband & I are both involved in this. The kids call a man mommy & it's unfair for the child to not know who he really is . According to the IC I have as much right as my husband. But thanks for replying.
No..You don't. Ohiogal is an attorney.

penelope10

What do you mean by it's unfair for the child to not know who he really is?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">