• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fathers Consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

is300brat

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I had unprotected sex with a girl in late may, 2005... the girl is dead set on the idea that im the father and im just going with it. I dont believe her therefore im not giving her any money because i have no obligation to, but the real question is...

Tonight "babies mama" said to me

"there is an alternative..i can have the state serve you papers dclaring you the father, if you do not respond within 30 days, nothing will happen to you as far as fees" all that happens is that if you dont respond within that time period you are released as the father. i then have no way of making you pay anything, sign anything, etc...you lose all connections to the issue... is it true that i would be free and clear of all relations with this child? She wont do an amnio test to just find out, and i dont want to wait 9 months til the child is born...please help..i will seek an adoption lawyer and ask this question, but at 10pm at night, i turn to you :) thanks

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
HAHAHAHA No, that's not what it means. If you don't contest paternity and are declared the father by default, you'll be responsible for supporting your child. Whether you're the biological father or not.

Now, she is absolutely correct in not having an amnio simply to determine paternity - it can be dangerous for both mother and child, and it's a foolish reason to take the risk. So you can sit on your fanny and wait until the child is born.

And start using condoms.

is300brat

this whole thing is confusing.. so basically she was trying to trick me into saying that i was the father or what would come of me signing that consent...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">