• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida adoption benefits laws?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charlie123

What is the name of your state?I have a tax/legal/business question and have no idea where to turn for an answer. I’m hoping you might know the answer or know someone I could ask.

My husband owns his own S Corp here in FL and he and I are the only two employees. We provide ourselves with health insurance through our company and would like to offer “Corporate Adoption Benefits” as well. Many companies are offering these benefits (paying for a percentage of the adoption costs) to their employees much like they offer medical (maternity) benefits to those employees having biological children. However, once the “Corporate Adoption Benefits” is scaled down to a very small company with only 2 employees (just my husband and me) who happen to own the company, it starts to sound fishy.

We want to make sure it is legal before we do it and cannot seem to find anyone who has answers for us. We’ve contacted www.Adopt.org and no one has a clue. I was hoping you might have an answer for us or know someone who might…..?

nextwife

Speak to your business attorney/ accountant. Ours said it was not a good idea unless there were also other employees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">