• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

giving up parental rights help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RedWine

What is the name of your state?Madison,Tennessee

Hello my name is Barbara and I am asking for some help in this matter.
My friend Sue and her boyfriend Chris well they are pregnant. And however Chris doesn'twant the baby and she wants to give it up for adoption. We have a friend Joey who will adopt the baby . So that part is easy. But, Chris doesnt want anything to do with the baby. Sue wants him to give up his parental rights to the baby so she can have Joey to adopt the baby. Chris is more worried about the child support rather than the baby get the drift. he owes 20,000 dollars in back child suport already and dont want to pay more evre again. So Sue called an attorney and asked him about parental rights. She was told that he could sign away his rights as a parent however the rights of child support will stiill be available. Sue dont care about that seeing the baby is going to be adopted. How can we draw what you would say a contract with the father Chris so he doesnt interfere with the adoption? Chris told Sue she needs to take care of this meaning abortion. So instead we decided well she decided on our friend Joey to adopt. Can someone help me on this what do I need to put into this contract so he dont interfere? Please help....
Helpless in Tennessee :confused:

Beth3

How about Sue contacting a social services agency and having the adoption handled by individuals who specialize in this, can assure that the baby is going to a qualified home and parent(s), and who can ensure that all the legal matters are handled properly?

It sounds like Sue is trying to construct a do-it-yourself adoption process. That is not a good idea. For the welfare of everyone involved, especially the baby, Sue should talk to an adoption agency and get their expert assistance.

VeronicaGia

RedWine said:
What is the name of your state?Madison,Tennessee

Hello my name is Barbara and I am asking for some help in this matter.
My friend Sue and her boyfriend Chris well they are pregnant. And however Chris doesn'twant the baby and she wants to give it up for adoption. We have a friend Joey who will adopt the baby . So that part is easy. But, Chris doesnt want anything to do with the baby. Sue wants him to give up his parental rights to the baby so she can have Joey to adopt the baby. Chris is more worried about the child support rather than the baby get the drift. he owes 20,000 dollars in back child suport already and dont want to pay more evre again. So Sue called an attorney and asked him about parental rights. She was told that he could sign away his rights as a parent however the rights of child support will stiill be available. Sue dont care about that seeing the baby is going to be adopted. How can we draw what you would say a contract with the father Chris so he doesnt interfere with the adoption? Chris told Sue she needs to take care of this meaning abortion. So instead we decided well she decided on our friend Joey to adopt. Can someone help me on this what do I need to put into this contract so he dont interfere? Please help....
Helpless in Tennessee :confused:
Until the child is born and paternity is legally established, nothing can be done.

LdiJ

VeronicaGia said:
Until the child is born and paternity is legally established, nothing can be done.
There are proceedures that allow for an adoption to be arranged (but of course not finalized) prior to the child's birth if both parents are in agreement. An adoption agency or an adoption attorney would be good sources for information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">