• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Godparent Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MzJai

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am in the military, currently stationed overseas. I am due to return to the states in Feb 07. I have a 32 month old god son that I want to adopt. How do I go about doing that, or is it even possible? Both his mom and dad resides in Texas and his dad is on the birth certificate but not really an active part of his life. He means the world to me and because I am in a better position to take care of him, I'd like to know what my options are, or if I have any. Please help.

Happy Trails

MzJai said:

I am in the military, currently stationed overseas. I am due to return to the states in Feb 07. I have a 32 month old god son that I want to adopt. How do I go about doing that, or is it even possible? Both his mom and dad resides in Texas and his dad is on the birth certificate but not really an active part of his life. He means the world to me and because I am in a better position to take care of him, I'd like to know what my options are, or if I have any. Please help.
The big question is...

Are the parents of the child willing to let you adopt?

Just Blue

MzJai said:

Why do you think you can just adopt your god child?? What about the PARENTS??

W

wildncrazyguy

find another child to adopt

there are thousands of children waiting to be adopted. find one of them, and forget about adopting your godson. he already has a father, and it isnt, and will never be, you.

Just Blue

wildncrazyguy said:
there are thousands of children waiting to be adopted. find one of them, and forget about adopting your godson. he already has a father, and it isnt, and will never be, you.

How could you come to this conclusion Kelly?? There hasn't been enough information posted by the OP for you to say this...

Silverplum

wildncrazyguy said:
Back to the dungeon with you, Kelly.
<<shakes head in dismay that It's out again -- :rolleyes: >>

*edited to add: Bay beat me to it!

S

shell007

MzJai said:

Maybe I missed it, but other than MOM residing in Texas...what's up with her?
Is she unfit (in the legal sense NOT your opinion)?

Shay-Pari'e

wildncrazyguy said:

Maybe they can adopt one of your's Kelly. They were taken away from you remember?

ceara19

Shay-Pari'e said:
wildncrazyguy said:

Maybe they can adopt one of your's Kelly. They were taken away from you remember?
Maybe they could just adopt Kelly and take her computer away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">