• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents adopt me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X0xELMOx7X

What is the name of your state?Hi, my name is Brittany, and I live in Houston, TX. I am a fifteen years old, and a junior in high school. I am graduating early, and I will be attending college very soon. My parents are trying to make me move to CO. with them. For reasons along with that, I am tired of them. I practically grew up with my grandparents, and I would like to know if there is a legal way to "disown" your parents, and have my grandparents adopt me.

My friend told me that my grandparents would have to take me down to the courthouse and have me fill out a kind of divorce paper. I am curious to know if that is true.

Any help will be grateful, for I am on a clock and I need to know very soon.

Thanks,
::In desperate NEED:: Brittany :rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Nope, that's not going to work. Until you're 18 or legally emancipated (which you'd need their consent for), they're allowed to tell you what to do (and where to live).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">