• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandparents adopting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeramytaylor21

What is the name of your state? texas

My wife has twin boys. I am not the father. I am asking this on her behalf. Both boys have been sickly their entire lives. we have tried constantly to get them on medicaid but things always go wrong. we are looking into having her mother adopt the two boys so that they can be covered by good insurance for medical purposes since we have been unable to get it ourselves. we would like to know where to start the process of this and as wel as would we need the consent of their biological father even if he is not on the birth certificate. i have read other states saying that the father would need to be contacted and consent given but i don't know if that is the case of texas or not. any advice is much appreciated.

nextwife

If mom's sole goal in having them adopted is medical coverage - has her mother thoroughly checked out whether HER health insurer will cover a pre-existing condition in a kinship adoption? Being involved in the adoption community, I can tell you that not all group plans will cover all pre-existing conditions when one adopts an older child.

And yes, their father will need to consent.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">