• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents wanting to Adopt Grandchild

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarmarie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello,
My younger sister (19) is asking that my parents adopt her child. They came to me to help them with the process, but I do not know anything about the process, or if there was anything that should be put on the birth certificate to help aid the process?

My sister is going to be a single mother and thought that the child would have better care with my parents as guardians.

Isis1

Hello,
My younger sister (19) is asking that my parents adopt her child. They came to me to help them with the process, but I do not know anything about the process, or if there was anything that should be put on the birth certificate to help aid the process?

My sister is going to be a single mother and thought that the child would have better care with my parents as guardians.
where is the father if this child?

Proserpina

Hello,

And how old is the child?

ecmst12

There is a huge difference between ADOPTION and GUARDIANSHIP. Is your sister sure that she wants to give up her parental rights FOREVER? Or does she just need some time to get her life together and parents are willing to help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">