• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handicaped girl not getting support from father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aarti.shrivasta

I am 27 years old electrical engineer,when I was 3 month baby in burning case I lost my both the legs, I have two more elder brothers and due to shock that how a handicapped girl will survived how she manage my mother Kill herself, then my father married to other women and me and one my brother went to my Father’s Sister. But not adopted.
But I am not getting any financial support from my real father I am getting marry in Jan. and want to money can I court case on him for the money he have. Pls suggest.
He never buy a single dress or thing for us even in festival and their family is very happy with him , He never show his interest on us he always treat us as a body part which throws out, I make my self but worst is the situation of my brother’s. We all want that he should realize his mistake we also talk and try to realize him that what he is doing with us is wrong but no result found. My personal view : Atleast I Take a step to realize him that he is wrong so that it wont happen for other child. He is financially ok but we are still struggling and want some money to settle my brother atleast. Pls suggest your suggestion is always value able for me.
Regards, Aarti

moburkes

What makes you believe that he is required, by law, to provide money to you? Are you still considered his dependent because of your disability? Otherwise, you should be speaking to the social security office for disability assistance, if that is what you need.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am 27 years old electrical engineer,when I was 3 month baby in burning case I lost my both the legs, I have two more elder brothers and due to shock that how a handicapped girl will survived how she manage my mother Kill herself, then my father married to other women and me and one my brother went to my Father’s Sister. But not adopted.
But I am not getting any financial support from my real father I am getting marry in Jan. and want to money can I court case on him for the money he have. Pls suggest.
He never buy a single dress or thing for us even in festival and their family is very happy with him , He never show his interest on us he always treat us as a body part which throws out, I make my self but worst is the situation of my brother’s. We all want that he should realize his mistake we also talk and try to realize him that what he is doing with us is wrong but no result found. My personal view : Atleast I Take a step to realize him that he is wrong so that it wont happen for other child. He is financially ok but we are still struggling and want some money to settle my brother atleast. Pls suggest your suggestion is always value able for me.
Regards, Aarti
You are self supporting. HE is not responsible for supporting you. He has NO legal obligation to throw you a wedding, buy you a gift or anything else. He has an obligation to support his minor children -- his sister could have sued him for child support. But you have no standing. YOu are sounding quite spoiled. As an adult, SUPPORT yourself since you are an engineer.

Gracie3787

wow i am impressed that 2 people were even able to understand that enough to respond to it.
I was beginning to think that I was the only one who had a hard time understanding the OP.
I suspect that the OP is from another country based on her usage of english.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">