• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hard question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sheri8

I'm new to this site and don't even know if I'm posting this question in the right place or even if someone will answer.
Anyway, a guy I know slept with a girl like in 2003 and she became pregnant Well, they met in Philadelphia and didn't really have a relationship when she said she was pregnant. She moved to Luzerne county November of that year so he did not know when she had the baby or if it was his because the baby was supposed to come in March of the following year. At this time they weren't speaking, but his sister went to see the baby in February or March of the the year the baby was supposed to be due. His sister said the baby was not an infant and there was a huge question of paternity. The sister maintained contact with her for a brief period after that and found out that the mother of the child in question was losing custody of the baby to the state. The sister was going to file for custody of the child until a paternity test was to be given then go from the results. Well, the mother disappeared, again, and no one can find her or the baby. A few months ago when on the internet we saw a posting asking that the named father, the guy, and the mother come to court with regard to this child, but we saw this posting after the court date. He called Luzerne county and after being given a huge run around has no idea of what to do. He never claimed the child on the birth certificate or through any legal papers because he had no idea of when she had him, but she did name him as the father and his name was in the notice online. He never got any mail regarding this and never relinquished custody of this child if it is his. What is he supposed to do or who can be contacted with regard to this old notice or children going through the Luzerne County system.

Last edited:

LdiJ

I'm new to this site and don't even know if I'm posting this question in the right place or even if someone will answer.
Anyway, a guy I know slept with a girl like in 2003 and she became pregnant Well, they met in Philadelphia and didn't really have a relationship when she said she was pregnant. She moved to Luzerne county November of that year so he did not know when she had the baby or if it was his because the baby was supposed to come in March of the following year. At this time they weren't speaking, but his sister went to see the baby in February or March of the the year the baby was supposed to be due. His sister said the baby was not an infant and there was a huge question of paternity. The sister maintained contact with her for a brief period after that and found out that the mother of the child in question was losing custody of the baby to the state. The sister was going to file for custody of the child until a paternity test was to be given then go from the results. Well, the mother disappeared, again, and no one can find her or the baby. A few months ago when on the internet we saw a posting asking that the named father, the guy, and the mother come to court with regard to this child, but we saw this posting after the court date. He called Luzerne county and after being given a huge run around has no idea of what to do. He never claimed the child on the birth certificate or through any legal papers because he had no idea of when she had him, but she did name him as the father and his name was in the notice online. He never got any mail regarding this and never relinquished custody of this child if it is his. What is he supposed to do or who can be contacted with regard to this old notice or children going through the Luzerne County system.

What do you mean by "internet posting" or "notice online"? What did the posting have to do with?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">