• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have permanent custody of grandchild/want to adopt her

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mimikathy

I reside in Massachusetts and have permanent custody of my granddaughter. She was taken from her parents due to them being found unfit parents(abuse and neglect).Dept. of social services fully investigated me and closed the case as they felt she was in a safe and secure environment.Her father(now residing in Colorado)was incarcerated in Mass. for 18 months for Domestic assault (2counts) on the mother of the child.My daughter(the mother) has no rights to the child at all and neither parent has visitation.I have a restraining order on my daughter due to abuse and harrassment on myself. I would like to adopt my granddaughter and want to know if it is possible to do so without the parents signatures and how do i begin to do so.Neither parent has made any attempt to gain custody back or visitation.My husband and i are all she knows at 22 months,she has been with us since birth,but legally mine since April 2000.hope you can answer soon(sorry if not brief enough)thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">