• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Having Trouble Finding Forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kissyhugs

What is the name of your state? Indiana
My name is Carolyn and I am engaged to be married next year. My fiancee wants to adopt my oldest son now and change my son's last name. The biological father's name is not on the birth certificate. There has been no contact from the biological father and no one knows where he is or if he's still alive. I had been trying to find the appropriate forms online to download so I can do it myself, but I'm having no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? :confused: I have printed some basic instructions for filing the documents, I just can't find the documents. (I found the papers I need, but they're for Florida :( )
Thanks in advance for your help.

Carolyn

tigger22472

This can't be done at this time in Indiana. You must be married for one year before that can take place. Also the father will have to be notified and given the opportunity to contest. If paternity has not been established that will also have to be done. Also the welfare department will have to come in and do a home study. This is not a do it yourself project.

kissyhugs

OMG! :eek: That explains a lot. Thank you so very much. There's much to be said about living in Indiana, but I'm not gonna say it! :rolleyes: I'm sure glad we'll be moving to Texas next year.

Thanks again!!

Carolyn

tigger22472

kissyhugs said:
OMG! :eek: That explains a lot. Thank you so very much. There's much to be said about living in Indiana, but I'm not gonna say it! :rolleyes: I'm sure glad we'll be moving to Texas next year.

Thanks again!!

Carolyn

ALL states require that you contact the biological father. Not all state require the home study but MOST states require you to be married for a period of time before the adoption also so this isn't just an Indiana thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">