• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Custody of neice's daughter...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AlHousewright

Tennessee

My wife and I have had temporary custody of our neice's daughter for 6 years. We have been trying to get full custody of her for 4 years and our lawyer has done nothing. My neice tried to kill her when she was a month old and we got temp. custody of her when she was 2 months old. She knows us as her father and mother although she does know that we are not her bilogical parents. The thing is her mother gets out of jail in November and her grandmother has recently decided to try to get custody of her. Her grandmother is disabled. She has custody of 2 of her grandchildren. My neice is not even supposed to be around her daughter but the grandmother is trying to get custody so she can let her daughter see her. My question is how will the determine what is best for her and how will all this more than likely play out in court? Should I be worried?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">