• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can my husband adopt my daughter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lily2467

YOU CAN LOSE CUSTODY. You might not think kiddo calling your husband "daddy" is a big deal. Her father might not care. But it happens - the NCP changes his/her mind and starts to push the issue....and if the CP refuses to rectify the situation (ie, kiddo has to learn that she has one Mom, one Dad and one Stepdad) the CP can lose custody to the NCP. It has happened.
really? my step-sons call thier mothers boyfriend daddy all the time. it drives me nuts but my husband doesn't seem to mind.

Isis1

really? my step-sons call thier mothers boyfriend daddy all the time. it drives me nuts but my husband doesn't seem to mind.
well, if he doesn't have an issue with it, wow, he's a really bigger person than most. i can't stand it when someone refers to MY child as theirs. even my husband friend used to say it in a joking manner. i set her straight. and i'm on good terms with this friend.

lily2467

well, if he doesn't have an issue with it, wow, he's a really bigger person than most. i can't stand it when someone refers to MY child as theirs. even my husband friend used to say it in a joking manner. i set her straight. and i'm on good terms with this friend.
its not really that he doesn't have an issue, more like he's talked to her about it and gotten nowhere. she insists that the kids just do it on thier own. we heard differently when it first started, but it means nothing without proof. it does kind of bug him, but he was more concerned about him hitting the kids at the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">