• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can my longterm boyfriend adopt my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nehtiahg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio my fiancé we've been together for 6 years we have a child together he wants to adopt my 11year old and I would like him to also especially with my health going really bad. Is there any way he can so that are kids won't have to be separated since without us getting married. Especially if his dad hes never met and he does not pay child support

justalayman

Once you get married to your boyfriend you can petition to have the parental rights of the father terminated and petition for your husband to adopt your son. Give up on doing it without being married.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio my fiancé we've been together for 6 years we have a child together he wants to adopt my 11year old and I would like him to also especially with my health going really bad. Is there any way he can so that are kids won't have to be separated since without us getting married. Especially if his dad hes never met and he does not pay child support
Sure. You can sign the paperwork terminating your rights, and track down Dad and get him to sign the paperwork terminating his right to pursue said parental rights. If he's not ever been court ordered to pay child support, then he had no reason to pay child support, either. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">