• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can we vacate our sons adoption?!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michikeen

What is the name of your state? We live in Michigan. Our twelve year old son has lived with us for six years. He has been charged with first degree criminal sexual conduct...against our babies, two years and four years. He and our older son raped and tortured our girls...we are torn in two and want what is best for ALL our children. Our son needs Residential treatment and if the court places him there...we are responsible to pay them back!! I've talked with his previous foster mother and she says he reported to her that his mother and he slept naked together on weekend visits...the worker involved at the time ignored her concerns and we did not know his mother had been abusing him...she continued visits even after he was placed with us...He is terribly "damaged" due to the abuse he himself experianced...this has torn our family apart and we cannot afford to get him the help he needs...not to mention therapy for our babies and ourselves...we will be in debt for the rest of our lives. We could lose our home, please help us...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You really need to talk to an attorney - this is a complicated situation. But I suspect you may be hard pressed to overturn the adoption. I'm sorry for all the heartache you must be having.

stephenk

What is your older son's excuse for raping and torturing his younger sisters? Do you also want to get rid of your older son from the family? What charges were filed against your older son? Was the older son adopted or your natural child?

nextwife

Dissruption

PLEASE find some of the disruption mailists out there in the adoption community. Many of these families struggled with similar issues prior tp disrupting. The main issue was the threat to safety of the younger kids. These parents have been there done that and may be able to refer you to resources, both emotional and legal.

It seems many of these situations occured when serious known emotional issues affecting these kids were withheld from the adoptive parents by the agencies or orphanages.

Links to a variety of disruption support resources may be found at: http://www.karensadoptionlinks.com/disrupt.html (cut and paste if the link does not work)

I am so sorry you are going through this painful experience, and that full disclosure did not seem to have occured. Best wishes to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">