• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much am I looking at spending?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mudluv83

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I am in the process of getting custody of my Sister n Law's baby sister.(My Brother's wife's mother died last yr and left behind a child that my Sister n Law can't take care of. Custody isn't an issue. I want to adopt her though. I want her to have our lastname. Her father has been in an out of Jail and not a part of her life. How much will this cost?

Silverplum

I am in the process of getting custody of my Sister n Law's baby sister.(My Brother's wife's mother died last yr and left behind a child that my Sister n Law can't take care of. Custody isn't an issue. I want to adopt her though. I want her to have our lastname. Her father has been in an out of Jail and not a part of her life. How much will this cost?
We have no idea.

Call around to local adoption attorneys for a valid answer.

Isis1

alot. especially if dad fights you in it. and the child's grandparents get first pick. now, does the sister in law have guardianship? custody? power of attorney? where is the child now?

when you say sis in law can't take care of, what do you mean? is the child not fed, clothed, sleeping outside on the sidewalk? whatr is your version of not beign taken care of? drugs? abuse?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">