• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brineshrimp

Hello, well as the subject line states, "I need help in Ohio."

My parents have talked about adopting my three young nephews (ranging in ages 2-9 years) in the past, but were not sure if/how they could go about doing so. (Note: both my sister and her husband are living.)

While my sister works, my brother-in-law is in and out of jobs. He's a chronic pot smoker and I know for a fact he's driven the kids from one place to another right after smoking.

This bothers me (and my parents who are too timid to say anything).

I guess I have two questions, really. Can someone report him? If so, what would the reprecussions be on my folks, since it is their house he does this at? (Both he, my sister and nephews live with my parents.)

Thanks!

Seanscott

Before any adoption can take place the rights of the parents' must be terminated. Unfortunately, smoking pot & being unemployed are not realistic reasons to terminate those rights. With both parents being alive, and living together as a family, you would have a very hard time accomplishing an uncontested adoption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">