• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i signed over temporary custody and now....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heaven-hope

What is the name of your state? New York

Well here goes nothing. In December 2003 My aunt Mary Scott came to FL from NY and I gave her temporary custody of my daughter Heaven-Hope Carter. She left to come back to NY and I followed 3 weeks later. When I got here Mary took me to court for the first time and that is where the lying started. I have been fighting since Feb. 2004 until Apr. 2005 I was going to court almost every month. Mary was making it impossible for me to go see my daughter when I would call to try to set something up for the weekend she would tell me that they had plans and that is was not a good weekend. It ended up that i was only seeing her once or twice a month. But when we would go to court she was telling the judge that I was making not attempts to see Heaven-Hope. Whenever we were in court the judge would let Marys lawyer go into detail on everything but when I would try to go into details he would tell me that it was a yes or no question and that is all he would let me say. I moved back to Fl in Apr. 2004 to get on my feet cause some stuff happened in NY. I got on my feet I had a full time job an 2 bedroom apt that I was sharing with my best friend who was going to be Heaven-Hopes babysitter she was certified in CPR and first aid. I had everything that she needed clothes,diapers,food,toys,bed,car seat,high chair, ect. ect. I took pictures of all of it and of my apartment and Brought them to court with me and that is what they told me I needed to get my daughter back then when I had that done they made another excuse that it would be tramatic to take almost 2 year old from Mary and bring her back to FL. So than they made a court date for Jan. 2005 that when i got there from FL the rescheduled to Feb. they did the same thing when i got there for that one and made it March and then when I came up for that one they did the same thing and made it April 2005. When I got back from court in March I was starting a new job well I was going to be getting a check before court and that was the money I needed to go back to NY. But due to computer errors everyone that worked there checks were short, so I wrote a letter to the court and so did my boss telling them what happened and faxed it to them. They claim that they never got it and because I was not there they took away my right to contest the adoption that Mary was trying to do. Now I can not see, talk to, or get pictures of my daughter and i need to know what I can do because I feel that I was mistreated and that there was something not done right here.... Please help me if you can

heaven-hope

What is the name of your state? New York

Well here goes nothing. In December 2003 My aunt Mary Scott came to FL from NY and I gave her temporary custody of my daughter Heaven-Hope Carter. She left to come back to NY and I followed 3 weeks later. When I got here Mary took me to court for the first time and that is where the lying started. I have been fighting since Feb. 2004 until Apr. 2005 I was going to court almost every month. Mary was making it impossible for me to go see my daughter when I would call to try to set something up for the weekend she would tell me that they had plans and that is was not a good weekend. It ended up that i was only seeing her once or twice a month. But when we would go to court she was telling the judge that I was making not attempts to see Heaven-Hope. Whenever we were in court the judge would let Marys lawyer go into detail on everything but when I would try to go into details he would tell me that it was a yes or no question and that is all he would let me say. I moved back to Fl in Apr. 2004 to get on my feet cause some stuff happened in NY. I got on my feet I had a full time job an 2 bedroom apt that I was sharing with my best friend who was going to be Heaven-Hopes babysitter she was certified in CPR and first aid. I had everything that she needed clothes,diapers,food,toys,bed,car seat,high chair, ect. ect. I took pictures of all of it and of my apartment and Brought them to court with me and that is what they told me I needed to get my daughter back then when I had that done they made another excuse that it would be tramatic to take almost 2 year old from Mary and bring her back to FL. So than they made a court date for Jan. 2005 that when i got there from FL the rescheduled to Feb. they did the same thing when i got there for that one and made it March and then when I came up for that one they did the same thing and made it April 2005. When I got back from court in March I was starting a new job well I was going to be getting a check before court and that was the money I needed to go back to NY. But due to computer errors everyone that worked there checks were short, so I wrote a letter to the court and so did my boss telling them what happened and faxed it to them. They claim that they never got it and because I was not there they took away my right to contest the adoption that Mary was trying to do. Now I can not see, talk to, or get pictures of my daughter and i need to know what I can do because I feel that I was mistreated and that there was something not done right here.... Please help me if you can

CJane

You're leaving out a LOT.

Start with WHY you signed over temp custody.

Where is the child's FATHER?

What 'stuff' happened in NY that made it seem like a good idea to move to the other end of the country DURING A CUSTODY BATTLE?

Missing court was stupid and may have eliminated any chance you had of straightening out the mess you created.

Just Blue

Please remove the names from your post(s)...It is not appropriate to put your daughters name on there and if the Aunt ran across this you could have trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">