• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i want my children unadopted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

talishes

What is the name of your state? michigan my children was adopted by thier grandmother at a as time when i was going threw hardship but without me knowing and without my consent can i get them back and were do i start please help me. my youngest daughter stay with me my oldest daughter spends at least a week out of the month and my oldest son who is seventeen comes to see me at least three times a week now that they are older and becoming adults i want them unadopted i want my name back on thier birth certificates and i want to raise my own grandkids i dreamed that i died and my childrens names were not on my obituary and just couldnt stop crying i need -advice leagal advice thank you

Last edited:

enjay

They aren't going to be unadopted. Have the best relationship with them that you can and be thankful that there was someone willing to love them and become their parent when you couldn't care or provide for them.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? michigan my children was adopted by thier grandmother at a as time when i was going threw hardship but without me knowing and without my consent can i get them back and were do i start please help me. my youngest daughter stay with me my oldest daughter spends at least a week out of the month and my oldest son who is seventeen comes to see me at least three times a week now that they are older and becoming adults i want them unadopted i want my name back on thier birth certificates and i want to raise my own grandkids i dreamed that i died and my childrens names were not on my obituary and just couldnt stop crying i need -advice leagal advice thank you
The first thing you need to do is gather up ALL paperwork, court orders that you have regarding the situation. You need to determine if your children were actually legally adopted or not. Take all of your paperwork/orders to a local attorney to find out if you have any options.

fairisfair

Poster, you could consider adopting them as adults, even if the adoption process was legal.

However, having your name on a birth certificate, does not make you a parent.

And thinking mainly of yourself in this situation, does not either.

Sorry, your sob story about the obituary didn't touch me near as much as the grandmother who adopted and raised them.....

Oh, but that's just me.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? michigan my children was adopted by thier grandmother at a as time when i was going threw hardship but without me knowing and without my consent
There was a court hearing. So explain why you didn't know? You were not served? How long ago were they adopted?

can i get them back and were do i start please help me. my youngest daughter stay with me my oldest daughter spends at least a week out of the month and my oldest son who is seventeen comes to see me at least three times a week now that they are older and becoming adults i want them unadopted
If they were adopted and it has been a long time, it will not happen.
i want my name back on thier birth certificates and i want to raise my own grandkids
You want to raise your own grandkids? Don't count on it. YOu are a legal stranger to any grandchildren that may be born. In more ways than one.

dreamed that i died and my childrens names were not on my obituary and just couldnt stop crying i need -advice leagal advice thank you
Legal advice -- try telling the entire story.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">