• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want my kids back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madeamistake06

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My life has been pretty complicated. I will try to make this as short as I can and be truthful all the way because I want to know my real chances.

In 2006, my husband was in jail after a gun after a felony charge. So I looked up and old boyfriend (who at the time I believed was my then 12mth old daughters dad). We lived together but I had legal problems of my own and a warrant. So I gave my 2 kids to his sister and her husband by power of attny and temp guardianship. I signed in front of a notary. Not too long after this I got arrested and got out a couple days later on bond. The police wouldnt help me get my kids back because at this time the people I gave guardianship to had already visited the judge and he signed an order. They have an attny. So the police said I had to go back to court to get my kids back. I did about a mth later. Only the judge ordered a DHS (child protective services) to do an investigation. Well they found me unfit for a bunch of reasons. but mostly because I failed to protect my daughter from my husband who had apparently given her an STD when she was 10mths old. I didnt know that was happening. My husband was very abusive towards me, even during my pregnancy with his child (the 2nd child i mentioned in the guardianship). I did some drugs and never really had anywhere to go besides with boyfriends and friends. The guardians still had my kids during this time. so after DHS investigated me and my husband who i reconciled with by this time cause he got out of jail. DHS told the guardians they were going to take my kids into custody and make them kinship foster parents because they wanted to terminate our rights. But it turned out being an illegal pick up because the guardians were found fit and apparently they were the legal parent of my kids. So the guardians never lost my kids. And they still have them today. But now, I am growing up. I put a VPO on my husband (who is now in jail for violating it). I am pregnant with my boyfriends baby due in aug. and I want my kids back from the guardians. But I am not even allowed to call them or visit right now. Because DHS said it wasnt a good idea. So I had a couple of attnys but they keep quitting on me. The guardians have a lot to offer. It has now been over 2 years and my kids are still there. They have the same jobs and the mom to my kids is now a CASA (court appointed special advocate) in ok county. And going to school to be a DHS case worker. I love my kids. And I am doing better. I am bipolar and have a learning disability so I get social security. I am hoping to get sec 8 housing soon so that I can give my kids there own room. And I want to be a foster parent to my boyfriends kids that he has with another girl who are in DHS custody now. The guardian mom keeps saying I havent paid child support or buy my kids anything for 2 years but thats cause I do not have the money. And wants to know how I plan to support my kids if I get them back. I can get a job, or get help from DHS. Or my boyfriend will help me. My kids are healthy and happy with them but I love them and I am there mother. What are my chances I will be able to get my kids back. I want them to meet there new sister in Aug. And I am working on trying to get a divorce from my husband while he is still in jail but it will take a minute since I have to get more money. I have also considered giving my son to the guardians for adoption because he doesnt know me. He was only 2 mths old when he went to live with them and he is 2 years old now. I want my daughter back who will be 4 this year. But I havent been allowed to see her since march 07. Why is it so hard for me to get my kids back??? I love them. and they are mine. I gave birth to them. please help me.

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My life has been pretty complicated. I will try to make this as short as I can and be truthful all the way because I want to know my real chances.

In 2006, my husband was in jail after a gun after a felony charge. So I looked up and old boyfriend (who at the time I believed was my then 12mth old daughters dad). We lived together but I had legal problems of my own and a warrant. So I gave my 2 kids to his sister and her husband by power of attny and temp guardianship. I signed in front of a notary. Not too long after this I got arrested and got out a couple days later on bond. The police wouldnt help me get my kids back because at this time the people I gave guardianship to had already visited the judge and he signed an order. They have an attny. So the police said I had to go back to court to get my kids back. I did about a mth later. Only the judge ordered a DHS (child protective services) to do an investigation. Well they found me unfit for a bunch of reasons.
but mostly because I failed to protect my daughter from my husband who had apparently given her an STD when she was 10mths old.
I didnt know that was happening. My husband was very abusive towards me, even during my pregnancy with his child (the 2nd child i mentioned in the guardianship). I did some drugs and never really had anywhere to go besides with boyfriends and friends. The guardians still had my kids during this time.
so after DHS investigated me and my husband who i reconciled with by this time cause he got out of jail.
You actually went back to a man , (sorry wrong word), a very sick person who gave your child a sexually transmitted desease at 10 months old?

I don't know of one decent person on this forum that will help you. You are a troll, our you are just a unfit person to be having children.

DHS told the guardians they were going to take my kids into custody and make them kinship foster parents because they wanted to terminate our rights. But it turned out being an illegal pick up because the guardians were found fit and apparently they were the legal parent of my kids. So the guardians never lost my kids. And they still have them today. But now, I am growing up. I put a VPO on my husband (who is now in jail for violating it). I am pregnant with my boyfriends baby due in aug. and I want my kids back from the guardians. But I am not even allowed to call them or visit right now. Because DHS said it wasnt a good idea. So I had a couple of attnys but they keep quitting on me. The guardians have a lot to offer. It has now been over 2 years and my kids are still there. They have the same jobs and the mom to my kids is now a CASA (court appointed special advocate) in ok county. And going to school to be a DHS case worker. I love my kids. And I am doing better. I am bipolar and have a learning disability so I get social security. I am hoping to get sec 8 housing soon so that I can give my kids there own room. And I want to be a foster parent to my boyfriends kids that he has with another girl who are in DHS custody now. The guardian mom keeps saying I havent paid child support or buy my kids anything for 2 years but thats cause I do not have the money. And wants to know how I plan to support my kids if I get them back. I can get a job, or get help from DHS. Or my boyfriend will help me. My kids are healthy and happy with them but I love them and I am there mother. What are my chances I will be able to get my kids back. I want them to meet there new sister in Aug. And I am working on trying to get a divorce from my husband while he is still in jail but it will take a minute since I have to get more money. I have also considered giving my son to the guardians for adoption because he doesnt know me. He was only 2 mths old when he went to live with them and he is 2 years old now. I want my daughter back who will be 4 this year. But I havent been allowed to see her since march 07. Why is it so hard for me to get my kids back??? I love them. and they are mine. I gave birth to them. please help me.
Ditto's Stealth!

madeamistake06

i want my kids

I love my kids. and I am not with my husband anymore. I got a VPO on him and he is in jail now. He said he didnt do it. It was his friend. DHS just said it was him because he didnt get an std test when they asked and he had a record with DHS when he was younger because he molested his brothers. But I am not with him no more. And the guardians treat me like I did something wrong.

madeamistake06

ok i get it. I made some mistakes. But all i want is my kids back. Could someone please tell me if i stand a good chance to get my kids back??? Guardianships are supposed to be only temporary. Why can't i get my kids back???

Just Blue

Why is it so hard for me to get my kids back???
Because when this happened:
my husband who had apparently given her an STD when she was 10mths old.

You did this:

my husband who i reconciled with by this time cause he got out of jail
You are a POS. You are not fit to have a goldfish never mind a helpless child. Hopefully DHS will remove any other children you breed and a Judge will prevent you from giving birth to future victims by a forced sterilization.

Just Blue

ok i get it. I made some mistakes. But all i want is my kids back. Could someone please tell me if i stand a good chance to get my kids back??? Guardianships are supposed to be only temporary. Why can't i get my kids back???
You have got to be a troll.

nextwife

Maybe what you WANT, isn't the same as what you should realize your children NEED. Which is a chance at a decent future, stability, and parental figures with some common sense and good judgment. What you WANT is not the issue here.

Idori

Your story is very very very sad and disturbing. Good for you for putting your children under someone elses guardianship. You talked about not pursuing getting your son back. Think hard about not pursuing your daughter too. You value that stability for your son, why not your daughter?

If you feel you must try. Seeking parenting classes-often available free-could only help your situation. You need to be building up a history of stability and prove your willingness to seek your childrens welfare above your own at all times. You might get to visit them some time in the future but you should really be focusing on stability for your child due in August. That soc. services or a boyfriend may help you care for your kid/kids is not much of a plan.

Sit down with a counselor and start looking at how you can make your life stable and be more self supporting. If you need meds for mental health issues and have insurance coverage while pregnant address your issues now while you have benefits. Best Wishes.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
NO you don't stand ANY chance of getting your children returned to you. You were found unfit. Your married a pedophile and chose him over your child. You will NOT get your children back as legal custody is most likely with someone else. YOu have shown horrible judgment which places innocent children in danger. You have shown a lack of good decision making. YOu refuse to be an adult and get a job. You bounce from man to man and do not support your children and obey court orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">