• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Open Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rg157987

I live in Arkansas. I had a young lady that I've mentored for a couple of years now, I'm 27 and she is 19, come to me and ask if I would adopt the twins that she's pregnant with. She already has one set of twin girls, currently, she's living in a motel room, been there for almost a week already, until her housing is approved next week, hopefully. She's been bouncing from house to house for as long as I've known her, but she's been mostly living with mom recently, until they got into an argument. She doesn't currently have a job or vehicle. There's no way she can take care of 2 sets of twins that will be a year and a half apart without struggling horribly. I'm not saying she couldn't if she had to, but why put that much stress on yourself when you know someone that can help you? Plus she's aware of the struggle and wants to see if she can find someone to care for them. Anyway, my question is: what is the easiest and cheapest way to do this? I'm also considering Permanent Guardianship. Any advice will be accepted. She came to me and asked if I would be willing to do this. As a woman who has no desire to birth children of her own, I want to foster by the time I'm 30, I thought it would be a great opportunity to not only have children of my own, but also help my baby girl out. It's WAY sooner and WAY different than I planned it, but God works in mysterious ways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">