• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interesting issue help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eeekkinpa

What is the name of your state? PA

About 2 years ago I met my boyfriend whom I am still with, I am 2 months pregnant to him and we have plans to get married.

The issue is back when I was 4 my parents got divorced and I went with my mother, never to see my father again and took my mothers madden name.

When my boyfriend was 7 he was adopted by his step father, whom he hadnt talked to in the last 5 years, amazingly enough turns out to be my REAL father. We were unaware of the situation till a few weeks ago, what can we do to get my father off his birth certificate? My "father" ( if you can call him that after 28 years of no contact ) is willing to sign anything needed.

This is a bad situation that we need fixed ASAP.

BelizeBreeze

I suggest you stop worrying about this minor issue and start thinking about your legal ability to marry.

You are half-siblings. It's time to see an attorney.

nextwife

C'mon! Is this a Maury episode?

OMG! Your child has parents who are legal siblings.

Last edited:

eeekkinpa

BelizeBreeze said:
I suggest you stop worrying about this minor issue and start thinking about your legal ability to marry.

You are half-siblings. It's time to see an attorney.
this is exactly our worry we have already contacted the county clerks office and were informed that, we can marry wile the birth certificate has the same fathers name, however were not breaking any laws because were not blood related.

So the question becomes, can the adoption be undone with there agreement or do we need to do something diferent to get the birth father put back on?

nextwife

eeekkinpa said:
can the adoption be undone with there agreement or do we need to do something diferent to get the birth father put back on?
Yes, IF biodad is willing to "adopt" him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">