• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

International Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tll1225

What is the name of your state? Texas... i've recently adopted a baby from guatemala... how can i, legally, change her name and get her a texas birth certificate and social security number? do i need an attorney? if so, what's the cost?

VeronicaGia

This is a complete guess on my part, but bring the final adoption papers to the courthouse and ask how to go about changing the childs name on her birth certificate. Once that is accomplished, you will apply for a social security in with her new name.

Z

zerokitty

name changed

I was going to change my baby's middle name 1 year after i had here... I was told my the the state that i would have to go in front of a judge to have it change... but wouldn't have to have a lawyer to do so... If you have had the child over 1 year there is a charge to change the name if under a year I dont believe that there is a charge... if you contact the place where you get your would get the babys birth records.. they should be able to tell you what you have to do about getting the name changed ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">