• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal rights question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Liljohn7575

What is the name of your state? California.

I have a question about Parential Rights. I won't go into the why's and wherefores, however I am confused as to a Birth Fathers rights.

In an Legal action very uncommon (as I'm told) We have an Adoption over turned. A case filed against the Adopting Couple (Male and Female couple) by the Birth Mother only. The Birth Father was not involved nor was included in the case.
In the written findings (by the judge) the Adoption Decree is vacated/over turned and the Parential rights are restored to the mother. (by name)

NO mention of the Birth father or his legal rights are addressed in the Judges findings.

My question. Are the Birth Fathers rights still considered waived? (per the agreement sighed by both Birth Parents -- prior to the Adoption Decree being issued in the 1st place?)

I have been told that the Adoption Decree and all that followed are as they never happened. However, all acts prior are considered to be inforced.

This action took place in Two different Counties in the State of California. The Adoption and the Reversal in One county, the question of Legal rights of the Birth Father in the neighboring county.

Thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully reply to this issue.

Liljohn7575

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">