• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legalized Sexual Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

INFOSECONE

What is the name of your state? Live in California; Born in North Carolina

My sister was born in North Carolina and we lived in California most of her life. Her and my other sister and my brother were adopted when they were very young after I had joined the military and left home.

Immediately after the adoption, the father began a mild form of sexual abuse and the son(stepbrother) was even worse. It continued off and on throughout a 8 or 9 year period.

The adopting father has since died. (good riddens) and the step brother has moved away and now has two daughters of his own that he presumably does the same thing to because he also attempted to abuse my sister's friend.

My sister's birth certificate now lists this creton as her birth father and even lists his age at the time of her birth. Our mother biological parents have both died.

Is there any way to get the abuser off her birth certificate and go back to her biological father? And is it normal to change the birth certificate naming the adoptive father as the birth father?

There was no formal abuse complaint before this person died which is too bad and I was overseas and didn't know what was happening as my mother and this guy threatened the girls with retribution if they told me.

I would appreciate any kind of advice that would allow me or my sister to expunge the last remaining memory of this experience from her formal records. Is it possible?

nextwife

Sexual abuse is not legal for either adoptive or biological parents! Being adopted has nothing to do with it, bioparents and stepparents have also been known to be abusive.

The other parent was wrong to not report the abuse. It was their responsibilty to PROTECT their kids.

The only way I could think of to have HIS name off your birth certificates is to be legally adopted. Unfortunately, children who are abused are not allowed to alter their records to remove the abuser. The legal parent remains the legal parent unless the child is able to be legally adopted by another person or couple. An adult can consent to their own adoption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">