• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letting my Daughter get adopted.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wnt2BglfN

What is the name of your state? I live in Louisiana and my daughter in Illinois.

My daughters mother is marrying next month and has asked me to let her husband to be, adopt my daughter. I am not sure what to do. I would like to still be able to go see her which I do 3 times a year. Her mother and I were never married and I have paid child support from the beginning. Am I still financially responsible if I let this adoption happen? What if her mother and step father are seriously injured or killed in an accident, would I get custody?
I am married and we have no children as of yet. My daughters mother says I just have to sign a piece of paper, but I believe it goes a little deeper than that. Should I talk to a lawyer? If so should I find one in Illinois or use one in Louisiana? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited:

W

Wnt2BglfN

Thank You TLWE, I'll get some legal help for this situation.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">