• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking to adopt 15 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JA_MI

What is the name of your state? Ky but child resides in SC.

My wife and I are looking to adopt a child that resides in SC. he is 15 years old. we have been informed that once he turns 16 his parents are kicking him out with no family willing to take him in.

How would we go about getting an adoption going? I mean How do we get parents to give up the rights to the child if in fact they are goign to e doing this.

What laws would we need to go by KY law were we reside or SC law where the child is Curently?

How would we get guardianship or parenal rights from the parents singed over to us?

When would the child be considered an adult in SC?

How could he be granted Adulthood by the Courts?

How could we get him into our custody?

Sorry about all the questions. we are just looking for some help to get this taken care of, and not realy sure where to go or how to get this started.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">