• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for adoption records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irene barbara

What is the name of your state? Florida : Is it possible to get into a data base for babies born on a date, and hospital. I can't seem to find it. Or does one not exits. I know what date, hospital, and state my son was born, but thats about it. I also know the Dr. name. I'm trying to get adoption papers open for medical reason. I am registered in agencys but so far no match. :confused:

Urbansound

Yes, from Michigan

I know that in Michigan, if you can determine the court where adoption was done, you can file to request information of a particular child.

You might also try some geniology divisions of the county clerks office where you believe might be near the area adoption occured at, normally close by to where the child was born. Geniologists research birth records all the time on a regular basis and have some darn clever methods. They normally belong to web rings, than cross file data by name.

Adoption records, I'm pretty sure are sealed in every state, but there are historical filings that normally precede and adoption which can be public, so searches at court houses, based upon name, might do some good. Unsure of that one.

I have a cousin that does Geniology, so I'll watch replies in case you get stuck, maybe she'll share some ideas.

Best of luck. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">