• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking Out For Baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WILSONGASH

What is the name of your state? MO
MY SON AND HIS WIFE JUST HAD A BABY. HE DRINKS AND SMOKES MARIJUANA. SHE IS MENTALLY INCOMPETENT. THEY LIVE IN ARKANSAS WHILE I AM IN MISSOURI. WHICH STATE WOULD I HAVE TO FILE IN TO GET CUSTODY OF THE CHILD.:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
MY SON AND HIS WIFE JUST HAD A BABY. HE DRINKS AND SMOKES MARIJUANA. SHE IS MENTALLY INCOMPETENT. THEY LIVE IN ARKANSAS WHILE I AM IN MISSOURI. WHICH STATE WOULD I HAVE TO FILE IN TO GET CUSTODY OF THE CHILD.:
You won't get custody.

Gracie3787

The only thing you can do is to call CPS in Arkansas. Unless you are willing to move to thier state there's no way that you will get custody. As long as a family member is in the state, most CPS agencies will try to place a child with a family member, do you or your daughter-in-law have any family members in Arkansas? If so, speak to them about possibly taking temp custody if CPS removes the child from the home.

Also, typing in all caps is considered to be shouting, please don't shout.

Silverplum

Also -- the reasons OP gave for wanting custody were not necessarily reasons that would cause the parents to lose custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">