• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

John S. Johnson

Idaho

My wife was adopted in Minnesota as a baby...we want to try a find her birth parents. Can you recommend where we start to look for the paper trail?

Her childhood step-father loved her but died when she was only 6...the step Mom was an awful experience...threw her into reform school as a teenager. I'm hoping that by finding the birth Mom, she'll be able to have someone that cares...from her childhood. I understand that it can go either way but a 50% chance is sure better then no chance. Just trying to find a past for my loved one.

Silverplum

I'm not able to help you on this topic, but am just asking a question to clarify: when you write "step-father" and "step Mom," do you mean the adoptive parents? Or do you mean the adoptive parents divorced and each remarried, and you are discussing those stepparents? :confused:

Request Non-ID

First she need to contact the state or adoption agency (depends on how she was adopted).. she needs to request her non-id information..... "unless" she has this information or knows something about her birth parents.

Once you have this informaion, it's like a jigsaw puzzle.. you have to put the pieces together... I tried sending you a PM (private message) but you need to turn it on.

Or you can always post her information on so many... databases that are on the web. But, you have to keep the same email addy and web sites so that you can monitor the database.

As an adoptee searching also, I can point you in the right directions.

bononos

Confusedtoo said:
First she need to contact the state or adoption agency (depends on how she was adopted).. she needs to request her non-id information..... "unless" she has this information or knows something about her birth parents.

Once you have this informaion, it's like a jigsaw puzzle.. you have to put the pieces together... I tried sending you a PM (private message) but you need to turn it on.

Or you can always post her information on so many... databases that are on the web. But, you have to keep the same email addy and web sites so that you can monitor the database.

As an adoptee searching also, I can point you in the right directions.
Thelink I gave above has the info for the non-identifying forms.

nextwife

And be aware that just because there is a MN adoption does NOT automatically mean she or her biofamily were living in MN.

My daughter is adopted from Bulgaria (left at an orphanage at birth, no dad ever named) and we have a WI adoption record for our daughter. So a someday search of WI birth records would only reference her Bulgarian adoption that we did, PRECEEDING her WI readoption.

International adoptions have been occuring in the US for decades.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">