• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost in adoption - help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

Spoke - they are greedy *******s.
What exactly they do that I can not do myself ?
Look, adoptions are expensive. They are expensive because the state needs to make sure that everything is done properly and that the home and the parents really are suitable. It is nearly impossible for someone to handle an adoption without an attorney and avoid serious complications.

If you want it to be easy, then do not attempt to adopt the children. Simply allow the mothers to give custody to your husband. It will STILL have to go to court to be legal, but its possible to do it without an attorney. You will not personally have any legal rights to the children in that instance, but you can still help him raise them if he wants you to do so.

Proserpina

Why ? Why not ?
Okay, we'll play your game for a little while shall we?

The child is born. There is no question of who the mother is, so she is - automatically - the sole parent in an unwed situation. If the father signs - and he cannot do this without Mommy's cooperation - the paternity papers, that makes him the father. It doesn't, however, give him custody. That must be done through the court.

Notarized bits of paper are worth exactly what the piece of paper costs. In other words "not a whole lot".

Mommy can allow Daddy to leave the hospital with the baby, and then Daddy will have to go to court to establish custody of the baby. If Daddy and Mommy wish for you to become the New Mommy of the baby, then you all need to go and see an attorney. Why? Because adoption is rarely a do-it-yourself project and it's painfully clear that yours would not be one of those rare cases where an attorney wouldn't be needed.

Proserpina

What is everything ? I've figured you think that they do some kind of magic but what exactly ?
Oh, I don't think attorneys perform magic tricks. Well, no more frequently than anybody else at least.

I do, however, trust the court to see through bs and refuse to rubber-stamp an adoption which clearly is not in the best interests of the child. :cool:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why everybody in this country thinks that shrinks and lawyers are some kind of gods ?
No- just that women like you are stupid. Sorry. Why do you have so little self-respect to allow yourself to be treated the way your "husband" treats you? Maybe a counselor can help you grow up and be an adult woman, instead of a little girl.

Proserpina

No- just that women like you are stupid. Sorry. Why do you have so little self-respect to allow yourself to be treated the way your "husband" treats you? Maybe a counselor can help you grow up and be an adult woman, instead of a little girl.
What's really going to hurt her is when he leaves her a year after the adoption and she ends up paying child support for two kids she adopted out of desperation.

She has no thought of these poor children. Not a single thought.

Danaly

Apparently the closed minded people do not understand how different from theirs lifestyles work.
I do not need you or any other person to tell me about my relationships. Polygamous and gay families are still families,whether you accept them or not.
Also, it is none of your business and is far away from the point of my thread here. Goodbye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">