• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost in adoption - help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
My *legal* advice: go back to Russia, the whole lot of you - you, your estranged husband, his girlfriends. You don't want to do things legally, then we don't want you here.

I say this as someone who was born here, as well as on behalf of my immigrant relatives.

If you "don't wanna" legally adopt, then don't ask how to legally adopt.

Proserpina

The can understand and interpret the laws. Including words bigger than "fraught."

Oooh. I have an idea. Commit a small traffic violation and get caught. Then fight it in court. Tell us how well you understood the process.

Another idea. Read some other posts on step-parent adoption. Find one where the advice is not "get a lawyer." One. It might take you a while. Maybe even a few years. That might allow some time for these two children to actually be born and for you to bond with them. Instead of bonding, you know, with the mere IDEA of them.
I just snorkled coffee everywhere.

:D

Just Blue

It amazes me. This is one of those rare threads that all members, with the exception of OP, agree. The member are mothers, fathers and step-parents. Go figure!! There is even an Attorney that works in Family Law that has perused this thread....Judging from her "likes" she also agrees with all but the OP.

So OP....Are we all wrong? Are you willing to consider that you may be wrong?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It amazes me. This is one of those rare threads that all members, with the exception of OP, agree. The member are mothers, fathers and step-parents. Go figure!! There is even an Attorney that works in Family Law that has perused this thread....Judging from her "likes" she also agrees with all but the OP.

So OP....Are we all wrong? Are you willing to consider that you may be wrong?
She won't. My client today is more of a mother than this woman will EVER be. Sorry. Bit angry and sad right now. I hate Ohio law. Going back to drinking my wine.

Just Blue

She won't. My client today is more of a mother than this woman will EVER be. Sorry. Bit angry and sad right now. I hate Ohio law. Going back to drinking my wine.
Sorry Hon...I really don't know how you do what you do. You know I love and respect you for it though. P.M. me...k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">