• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor name change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chopn

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I had a son in 1991 and did not sign the birth certificate and I have paid my child support and have seen my son over the years and he stays with me sometimes. He started high school and has always gone by my last name. The school needs it to be changed on the birth certificate and I need to know what it takes to get this done? His mother and I agree on the name change so it's not a problem with us, just need to know if there is an easy way of getting it done with out going back to court.
Thanks,

brisgirl825

You need simply to go down to your local county courthouse and ask for the proper documents to fill out. There will be court filing fees and fees for amending the BC.
As long as everyone is in agreement, it should be fairly simple.

GL.

katbellew

name change in texas

:rolleyes: in 1983 i was divorced, i had paid additional money to represent my children for there names to be changed to my madien name, i never knew i had to do there birth certs, now they have come across some snages, what do i need to do they are adults now, & need to have this adjusted legally.

brisgirl825

katbellew said:
:rolleyes: in 1983 i was divorced, i had paid additional money to represent my children for there names to be changed to my madien name, i never knew i had to do there birth certs, now they have come across some snages, what do i need to do they are adults now, & need to have this adjusted legally.
You should start your own thread, it's less confusing that way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">