• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom changed sisters last name and still took child support from biological dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GratefulJessie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mass

My mother changed my younger sisters last name when she was 9 and claimed biological dad's name not on birth certificate,(restraining order back in 87).. Yet she collected child support still, and never told my biological dad. What can he do ? It's been years of abuse from her, and I want to help him.

Silverplum

My mother changed my younger sisters last name when she was 9 and claimed biological dad's name not on birth certificate,(restraining order back in 87).. Yet she collected child support still, and never told my biological dad. What can he do ? It's been years of abuse from her, and I want to help him.
This is one of the injustices that cannot be fixed. Sorry.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Why would she have to tell your biological dad? Why do you think it matters what the child's last name is? Why are you getting involved in your father's business?

Proserpina

Frankly, it's not your legal business.

Out of sheer curiosity, how do you know who is or isn't her biological father?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">