• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother is Incompitent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PraiaLove

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

What can we do? We are getting married next month and the whole time we were dating his ex who he never married has been jealous of us. We have suspicion that she is taking drugs and refuses to work to provide as well for her child. She mooches off of anyone. We are completely capable of raising this child in the right path but the mother won't give up custody because of child support. What rights do we have and what should we do to protect this child?:confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You have no rights whatsoever. We have no idea what rights your fiance might have, since you provide no details. But he should be aware that "suspicions" don't hold any water in court.

S

shell007

PraiaLove said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

What can we do? We are getting married next month and the whole time we were dating his ex who he never married has been jealous of us. We have suspicion that she is taking drugs and refuses to work to provide as well for her child. She mooches off of anyone. We are completely capable of raising this child in the right path but the mother won't give up custody because of child support. What rights do we have and what should we do to protect this child?:confused:
Suspicions mean nothing. Like it or not...if you are going to marry this guy who has a child with another woman, be prepared to deal with this for the life of your marriage.

If you can't deal with it now...don't walk down the isle. Remember "it's for better or for worse".

ceara19

shellandty said:
Suspicions mean nothing. Like it or not...if you are going to marry this guy who has a child with another woman, be prepared to deal with this for the life of your marriage.

If you can't deal with it now...don't walk down the isle. Remember "it's for better or for worse".
You didn't get the memo? It's now, "for better or until I get fed up with the fact that I can never and will never be able to push the kids mom out and take over her role."

S

shell007

ceara19 said:
You didn't get the memo? It's now, "for better or until I get fed up with the fact that I can never and will never be able to push the kids mom out and take over her role."
Nope...I didn't get the memo. I don't think they send those out to married people who have already proven to be in it "for the looooong haul". Ya know...with the price of postage going up and everything!:D

ceara19

shellandty said:
Nope...I didn't get the memo. I don't think they send those out to married people who have already proven to be in it "for the looooong haul". Ya know...with the price of postage going up and everything!:D
That's probably it. Next time I'll pass along my copy of the rule changes. ;)

S

shell007

ceara19 said:
That's probably it. Next time I'll pass along my copy of the rule changes. ;)
Thanks. It never hurts to have a "heads up" just in case. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">