• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my abandoned child wants adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RKY

What is the name of your state? I live in CA with my spouse and kids. My 11 y/o son has not seen his bio father for 8 years this November. I have full custody with no visitations. The father can not be located now that he is out of jail. I attempted to visit father while in custody to request rights be handed over. Father would not accept my visit. What steps must be taken to allow my husband to adopt my child? Thanks in advance. Blessings.What is the name of your state?

milspecgirl

you will file a termination of parental rights thru the courts and try to have him served at the last known address. when that doesn't work, you can petition the court to be allowed to serve by publication meaning you run an ad in paper of last known address. after that point, the judge will probably enter a default judgement. get an atty good in adoption/parental rights

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">