• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my boyfriend wants to adopte my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommy20_2004

yes he has a father that doesn't want anything to do with him and that hasn't seen him in almost a year nor has he called to see how he was doing

BelizeBreeze

Your child HAS a father. Is that so hard to understand?

Now, save about $2,000 and go speak to a local attorney who is getting paid to listen to you.

your child HAS a father. PERIOD!

mommy20_2004

sorry to say but if that is what you call a father then i would like to know what is wrong with all the good fathers out there
hell a father would care if there child was ok or not

BelizeBreeze

mommy20_2004 said:
sorry to say but if that is what you call a father then i would like to know what is wrong with all the good fathers out there
hell a father would care if there child was ok or not
Your child HAS a father....You have a boyfriend...next week you'll have warts....and your child will STILL have a father.

listed3

I don't know the laws of your State, but it is very likely Stealth is right - your boyfirend probably cannot adopt your child unless you get married, and even then it will probably require some waiting period of a year or two.

Even after that period is over, you would probably have to show "abandonment" by the biodad, which usually requires no contact, no child support, or both.

You may wish to investigate the laws of your state or consult with an attorney to determine what your options are if and when you get married.

BelizeBreeze

listed3 said:
I don't know the laws of your State, but it is very likely Stealth is right - your boyfirend probably cannot adopt your child unless you get married, and even then it will probably require some waiting period of a year or two.

Even after that period is over, you would probably have to show "abandonment" by the biodad, which usually requires no contact, no child support, or both.

You may wish to investigate the laws of your state or consult with an attorney to determine what your options are if and when you get married.
It is NOT very likely stealth is right.

SHE IS right. PERIOD.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">