• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My rights of being adopted child-do I have any?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brwebb

I was adopted over 40 years ago. I have a relationship with my biological mother but because of promises that she made to my adoptive family she cannot tell me directly who my biological father is. Many hints have been given and I am 99% sure that my biolgical fahter is an unlce from my adoptive family. (My adoptives mothers brother) Both of my adoptive parents are now deceased. My adoption recrods are blacked out.
Can I request a court order to have DNA/Paternitity done? I know that he has rights but so do I.

MySonsMom

You can ask him to take the test but if he declines you cannot force him to. So only if he agrees to the test will you find out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">