• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My soon to be husband wants to adopt my kids...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

white247

What is the name of your state? Arizona
What do we need and how easy is it for him to adopt my kids, he is not their biological father but he is the only one they know of as their dad...the real father of both kids are not known and has never been in their lives.

BelizeBreeze

What do we need and how easy is it for him to adopt my kids, he is not their biological father but he is the only one they know of as their dad...the real father of both kids are not known and has never been in their lives.
Then I guess you'd better start being real with the court because you are going to be required to list all POSSIBLE father's and have them tested for paternity.

otherwise, you just gave the real father grounds to overturn the adoption for fraud.

nextwife

C'mon!

You are saying that you got impregnated TWICE (or more) by guys you can't remember? How old are these kids that you are already on at least guy three since the first conception?

AHA

Are the kids' father/s USC/s? You will probably need to have been married for an amount of time for even qualifying for adoption.
And you really need to explain the "the real fathers are not known", it's making you look very bad.

momofrose

Not easy if you are not married - pretty much impossible - you usually have to married fo rover a year to establish a stable enviroment.

As far as the "real father"...do you not know who he is, or do they no tknow who he is?

D

nextwife

Not easy if you are not married - pretty much impossible - you usually have to married fo rover a year to establish a stable enviroment.

As far as the "real father"...do you not know who he is, or do they no tknow who he is?

D
Real fatherS. She has MORE than one kid for which she claims the father is "not known".

momofrose

Oh - when she said "the real father of both kids" I assumed it as one father for both kids that was unknown

"D"

ceara19

Oh - when she said "the real father of both kids" I assumed it as one father for both kids that was unknown

"D"
I don't know which would be worse, getting pregnant by two DIFFERENT men and not bothering to aks either of them for a name or getting pregnant twice by the SAME man and not bothering to aks his name either time.:eek:

AHA

I don't know which would be worse, getting pregnant by two DIFFERENT men and not bothering to aks either of them for a name or getting pregnant twice by the SAME man and not bothering to aks his name either time.:eek:
Maybe that's how it's done in OP's country :) . Glad I didn't grow up there!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">